My Tax Season Was Not Good - Yours ?

Description of your first forum.

My Tax Season Was Not Good - Yours ?

Postby combs.3602 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:22 pm

Hi guys - Most of you know me. I have been doing this nearly 50 years. At one time with 10 stores. This year my tax sale didn't produce like years past. We always advertise on the radio and offer free large flatscreen TVs. Next year I will be trying something new and innovative. I'm curious how your tax sale went. Thanks Dennis Combs combscarcorral.com Boise/Nampa, Idaho
combs.3602

Re: My Tax Season Was Not Good - Yours ?

Postby Brownings.5298 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:26 pm

Our tax rush lasted FOUR DAYS! We got a rush starting Feb 24th-28th, after that it went dead. Our tax season is less eventful each year so I tend to concentrate on other areas and not go crazy preparing for 1st QTR like the days of old. This business is constantly changing, we're just trying to keep up.
Justin Browning
Browning's Reliable Cars & Trucks
Brownings.5298

Postby cubaautosales.8238 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:42 pm

While I'm not happy for you to hear that your season wasn't great, I am however relieved to hear that I'm not the only one. We're a small rural bhph lot and still fairly new we've been in business for 4 years. The first 3 years we did an amazing 60-70% of our entire annual sales during tax season. This year, we had an active period that was literally only days. For about a 2 week period in February we sold a handfull of cars (a lot for a small player like us.) We normally get started some times the end of Dec - first of Jan as tax advances start coming around. We usually have a lull in March then April-May are active again. This year I don't know what happened!?! But when 60-70% of your annual sales come from a tax season that doesn't come, I'm afraid we're looking at dark days ahead ( probably because we won't be able to pay the light bills!)

One contribution to our problem I fear is competition in a nearby bigger city. Everywhere you go the big guys are tearing down old buildings and constructing new enormous size dealerships. One smaller bhph lot there that's been around a long time bought out their ajoining lot and constructed a new building so they've essentially doubled in size, a lot of people around town riding with their inventory that I'm seeing. Plus we have a Car-Mart that built here about 3 years ago. Why customers would shop there is beyond me. It also doesn't help that we have a new Kia dealership advertizing brand new cars for stupid prices like $5995 or buy one get one free. Their partner lot, a Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep dealer across the street advertise ONE DIME DOWN all the time. It's a wonder why little guys like us can't make it.

I seriously think there were some issues with tax refunds this year though, we still should have seen our fair share of traffic. In our local area I still don't see a whole lot of "new-to-them" cars riding around, the rims and stereos, etc. that we normally associate with it being tax season.
cubaautosales.8238

Postby Ranny.10105 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:43 pm

I read this and I am surprised that the tax season was short for some of you. I know this can be disappointing. I have been in the tax industry for over a decade and work with more than a 1000 locations and with the introduction of out OTBP One Time Bill Pay in 2015 we now are seeing growth in the number of tax returns. You can collect up to $3500.00 of the customer's refund we also offer an advance the day you file there taxes. It's a simple easy to use program that works. We work with the small guys they have the personal relationship with the customer and the customer's trust. This is a great time to let your customers know that tax law is changing and you are staying up to date to help them get every penny they deserve on their tax return. You can let them sign and drive the day it is accepted by the IRS. We offer online training that has been designed by people like you, we ask them for help so you can earn the money and grow your business with confidences. We have full-time phone customer support as well as live chat. With our program, you are never alone. You don't want to do the tax return your self we have an app for that. Don't have another slow tax season where you have cars sitting there. The first quarter you should earn 70% of your annual income.
Ranny.10105

Postby Jay12.10184 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:04 pm

From Jan 1, 2018 - June 30, 2018 we had 77 Cash sales, 169 BHPH, 37 Outside Financing and 22 Wholesale for a grand total of 305 units moved.
Jay12.10184

Return to Your first forum