Getting around "Right to cure" law in SC

Description of your first forum.

Getting around "Right to cure" law in SC

Postby hedwards79.10378 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:24 pm

I am new to the BHPH industry. I have worked in finance as a Director of a 400 car a month store for the last 12 years. I am opening a small BHPH lot now and hopefully will be able to grow my business so I can eventually retire from the new dealer I currently work at and run my dealership full time. I am sure I will have tons of questions and would appreciate the advise I am able to get from people who have been in my shoes before.
First, is there any online or mail order training guides that are worth the money to help me?
Secondly, how are you guys getting over the customers right to cure when they are behind on there weekly payment. If they are late in this weeks payment, according to this law, I have to wait 10 days and send them a letter before I can get my car after another 20 days. That puts the customer a month behind on there payment and me with no money for that time. I have read that the customer can sign a form that waves there right to cure so I can get my collateral if they are one day late. I have not been able to find that form any were online.
Do any of you know we're I can find this and if this is true in SC?
Thanks again for the help guys and gals
hedwards79.10378

Return to Your first forum