BHPH Brothers and Sisters We Are Not Communicating

Description of your first forum.

BHPH Brothers and Sisters We Are Not Communicating

Postby combs.3602 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:01 pm

Hello my friends and business counterparts.We need to start responding to some of these topics and questions posed from our members.We need to share experiences,thoughts and advice to grow our industry.Some of the posts have hundreds if not thousands of views, but only one or no responses.Lets see how many responses we can get from this post,just so we know we have Brothers and Sisters out there.Remember there arent too many people out in the real world that love us.ha! :D Thanks - Dennis Combs Boise,Idaho dcombs@combscarcorral.com
combs.3602

Re: BHPH Brothers and Sisters We Are Not Communicating

Postby jbullard.10477 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:42 pm

Would be nice if this was truly a discussion forum. I found out many years ago alot can be learned by communicating with other dealers.
jbullard.10477

Postby andja10.10618 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:38 pm

Dennis, or anybody else...

I'm new here and I decided to reply to you...
Hope you had a great Thankgving?!
I'm just getting into this "related finance company" and i was wondering what is your expirience or thoughts on that?
andja10.10618

Postby combs.3602 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:32 pm

Hi - Welcome to the BHPH world.I am contemplating using an RFC as I write this post.There seem to be alot of hoops and rings to jump through as well as setting yourself up for possible mis-steps.I have talked to the leader of this website and organization(Ken Shilson) and apparently he has an RFC kit for sale to walk you through the steps.I have researched RFC through alot of different sources and I am still not sure if I am going to go through with it.Apparently it catches up with itself after a short period of time.Maybe we can get Ken Shilson (NABD) to give us the kit online here for all of our members to review.I wonder if he reads or participates in this forum ? Dennis Combs Combs Car Corral Boiise,Idaho
combs.3602

Postby penmar826.10501 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:12 am

Dennis,
I believe we have met? Maybe through Reeves Data Corp, Dealer Controlled Financing? Not sure, but the name and location rings a bell. I remember visiting Pocatella ID for a lot consultation years ago. Beautiful country.

You are right. Communication is the key. So many of us are afraid to tell someone else what we have learned because we don't want them coming into our area or an area we may be looking at in the future. But really they just want to know what the heck they are getting into. We all know how much money work and time is needed to make this business go. We need to share that. Some people are not cut out for this nor will they ever be. I know many owners who don't want a thing to do with the buy here pay here side except collect that cash. I as a general manager of two b.h.p.h. stores had to sit in the weekly meetings with the other four "new" car store managers and listen to the owner tell them that I the little b.h.p.h. stores was carrying thier butts yet another month in a row.

Well I am around, always willing to talk to people for questions on what it is we do. Don't be afraid to send me an email. mpfairbotham@yahoo.com.

Hope all is well, great post, keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing you sometime.

Mark Fairbotham
penmar826.10501

Postby combs.3602 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:33 pm

Hi Mark - What a great story ! It is true our little BHPHs are a work of art ,and heartache,ha! :D I am sorry I dont remember meeting you,that was probably when I had ten stores,85 employees and flying all over acting crazy :lol: I agree with you about all of us communicating :!: Good job and dont let those New car dealers push you around. ha! :) Thanks Dennis Combs
combs.3602

Return to Your first forum